It’s July, y’all. How are we already halfway through 2017? I’m already into my second trimester with Baby Habetz #2 (and hopefully planning on posting some really fun pregnancy nitty-gritty blogs in the near future). June was a fun month for us – we finally got a break from the crazy busyness of the spring at the beginning of the month and Livia and I took a “vacation” while Doug had work training in Houston. Doug and I celebrated our fourth anniversary and we announced the impending birth of Baby Habetz #2.
A few of my favorite things from the month of June were:
- The Simplified Planner from Emily Ley – I’ve been bullet journaling since last September, and while it works perfectly fine I’m so burnt out from it, so I decided to snag a daily academic year Simplified Planner in Fancy Floral. It starts on August 1st, and I can hardly wait to use it. This is my second time using an EL planner, but last time I used the weekly version. I’m still going to carry around my Leuchtturm for more complex projects but I’ll be glad to have the simplicity of…well…the Simplified Planner.
- Pax Americana – I’ve had my eye on this Houston restaurant for the last few years and we were finally able to try it while we were visiting during Doug’s training. The food, ambiance and experience were fantastic. Our waiter was so understanding with Livia. I really can’t say enough about Pax Americana!
- Old Navy Maternity pants – Time moves faster the second time, and you feel and look pregnant earlier. Last time I flat out refused to wear maternity pants until I was at least 20 weeks. This time? I don’t even care, bring on the stretchy waistbands. Enter Old Navy, frequent sales, and decent prices mean I can buy a whole wardrobe’s worth of maternity work pants so I don’t have to use a ponytail to keep my pants on anymore.
- Twsbi 580 AL Turquoise – After I started bullet journaling I fell into fountain pens. They offer a whole different writing experience that the disposable ballpoints or roller gels we are all used to using on a daily basis. The last two pens I’ve bought were Twsbi’s and I love them. They released the LE Turquoise pen in the middle of June and my favorite online pen purveyor, The Goulet Pen Company got a shipment that sold out within hours. I was able to grab one in a 1.1 mm stub and have been enjoying the heck out of it.
- The End of Perfect 10 by Dvora Meyers – I’m gymnastics-obsessed, I’m still rewatching NCAA meets from the 2017 season and it’s been over nearly two months (thanks NastiaFan101!). And our library recently obtained a digital copy of Dvora Meyer’s book on the end of the perfect 10 scoring system in gymnastics, as well as, why the US is an international power and what the future holds for the sport. It’s entertaining and super informative, even for gymnastics super-fans like me.
That’s all for now. Let me know what you fell in love with over the last month in comments!
Have a safe and happy Independence Day!